To feel good just as we are is a long journey
for some of us. Those skinny jeans sitting in your closet are proof that part
of you can’t let go of the dream that one day you’ll be fashionably thin and your
life will be perfect, or at lest better than what it is today. Parting with those skinny jeans is tough, but here are some reasons/ways
that will help may make it easier and more pleasant to say adieu.
- You’ll have new room in your closet for new clothes. Shopping time!
- Give your skinny jeans to a woman’s shelter, and share the abundance you have with other women who aren’t as fortunate as you. Everyone will have a brighter day.
- Give your skinny jeans to your kids, nieces, neighbor’s kids or any other young woman, and let them enjoy some “old” fashion that will no doubt be cool again.
- If you just can’t entirely let go of the whole pile of skinny jeans, save one pair, and give the rest away. This way you’re still making the steps to let go.
- You’re life will be in “play” instead of being on “pause” or on “rewind.”
- Sell them on eBay. Put the money toward a pamper yourself day.
- Being back in the skinny jeans does not mean that your life will be better than what it is today. Yes you will be thinner but not necessarily happier. The difference between happy people and not happy people is all in the mind and spirit. Happy is a state of being not a result of accomplishments or acquisitions. You can be happy at any time.
- The holidays are coming. Give the skinny jeans to someone you know who will love and appreciate the gift.
- Have a “giving the skinny jeans away” cocktail party with your girlfriends. Each person brings a pair or pile of the skinny jeans they want to give away, share stories about the jeans with each other over Cosmos and Martinis to remember some good times, box them all up, and send them to a charity. Or, hold an auction and donate the proceeds to a girl’s cause or some cause that helps girls/women develop their minds, spirits, or independence.
- Letting go doesn’t mean giving up. We all have a picture in our minds as to what happiness “looks like.” What actually is important is having the feeling of happiness not the picture. You can be happy and not be skinny. The two are not tied together. As an example, many women tie being thin with having that wonderful relationship. If you found a Prince Charming who adored you and loved you no matter if you were a size 4 or a size 24 and you were feeling like life couldn’t be any better, would you still be obsessing about your skinny jeans. Probably not, because you have what you really want and that is a happy relationship.