Blueberries have got to be one of my favorite fruits. I especially love big fresh organic blueberries like these in blueberry muffins, and cobbler; not the most skinny of foods but man! the best in memories and comfort food.
Not only are blueberries yummy, they have some fantastic health benefits which include:
- The highest antioxidant capacity of all fresh fruit
- Neutralizes free radicals which can affect disease and aging in the body
- Anti-inflammatory, anti-blood clotting and antibacterial effects
- Helps promote urinary tract health
- Been proved to preserve vision. Blueberry extract, high in compounds called anthocyanosides, has been found in clinical studies to slow down visual loss.
Doesn't all those health benefits make you want to sink your teeth into a handful of blueberries? Here is a blueberry loaf I made using a modified version of this blueberry muffin recipe from Simply Recipes. In my version, I cut all the ingredients in half, and used all organic products. I also added a Crumb Topping to my loaf from this recipe at All Recipes. I substituted Pumpkin Pie Spice for Cinnamon. The loaf turned out absolutely dee-lish-ious!