There's nothing like an ear to ear smile, the kind that you can feel in your whole body like the day you got a promotion, the day you got married, the time you found a $20 bill in a pair of jeans when you were tight on cash, the day your child was born, or the first time your sweetie told you they loved you. Smiling is good for the soul but here are some ways that smiling can help you on your way to achieving your healthy weight goals:
- In order to get a smile on your face, you need to first think of things that would make you smile in the first place, so if you're focused on thinking about something to smile about, you will quickly find one happy thing, then another, and another. Minutes or hours can go by while you are on this "happiness" kick, so odds are high that any cravings for junk foods to feed your sad emotions will not make an appearance. The need to stuff emotions with food are typically only associated with sad, depressed type feelings not uplifting happy ones.
- It's hard to chew and smile at the same time, at least politely, so if you are spending more time smiling than eating junk foods like chips, cookies, or candy, you can save yourself from over eating extra, un-needed calories.
- The physical act of smiling uplifts your whole spirit thus the feeling in your body. When you are feeling high you are more likely to want to do things that help maintain that good feeling like see a friend or loved one, laugh, hug someone, or go move. It doesn't necessarily have to be "exercise" you could just be motivated to move around the house more or go outside somewhere. Movement leads to burning calories.
- Try smiling at someone cute of the opposite sex, and odds are high that they will smile back because who can't smile back when someone throws a genuine smile their way. That smile back will make you feel hot & happy. That tingly feeling is far more warmer and spirit fulfilling than a bag of creme filled cookies.
- Smiling makes you beautiful and radiant. It's free and doesn't cost a thing accept your time to think happy thoughts or do happy things. When you feel beautiful, you get more focused in doing things that are loving and kind for yourself. You'll go shop for a new pretty dress and start giving the "fat frumpy" clothes to Goodwill. You'll go to the spa and get a relaxing message. Your inner dialouge to yourself will be more supportive and loving because you are filled with more joy.