This is a reminder to submit your health & fitness story by the end of this week. Are you blogging as a way to help you create a healthier or slimmer you, and would like to share your story on Back in Skinny Jeans? Well, now is your chance! For the week of January 21, 2008, I'm going to have a "What others are doing to get healthy & fit" themed week featuring people who blog about their efforts and personal journey. Here are the details:
Submission due date:
January 18, 2008 midnight PST
Use the email address in the "Story Tips & Contact" page
You blog about your health and fitness efforts, insights, or tips. Your blog must be at least 3 months old so visitors have content to peruse. For those of you who just started, don't worry, there will be more opportunities to come. I'm looking for people who are personally working on getting healthy. If you are a trainer, doctor, or any kind of health/fitness professional, I'll read your story only if it's about your own personal experience getting healthy not your business. This is about people inspiring and helping others through their own stories. This is not a marketing or sales push.
What to submit:
- Blog name
- Blog url
- Your name or blogger name (Whatever name you go by online)
- A picture of either yourself or a snapshot of your blog header: A .jpg or .gif file no more than 200 pixels wide or 200 pixels high @ 72dpi. If you don't send the right size image, I will not use your submission. Sorry to be tough but I can't work on everyone's images.
- Your niche Your niche will help make it easier for people to identify with you. Examples: Post pregnancy, Trying to drop over 50, 100, xyz lbs, Diabetic, Specific Weight Loss Program (ie. Weight Watchers, Atkins etc), Heart disease, Over xyz age, Single & Ready to Mingle.
- Your health goal: Let's focus on your main goal
- Your story in under 300 words. As like the picture requirement, if you go over 300 words, I will not use your submission, so please make sure you stick to under 300 words.
- What one thing has helped you the most in working towards your health & fitness goal. Keep it to one sentence.Your answer can help others in the same boat. Keep it to one sentence.
- What one thing you would like more help with. Keep it to one sentence.This is an opportunity for you to get some help or answers from others.
Getting healthy and fit is so much more fun and easier to stick to when you have support. The intent behind sharing our stories is to help each other, inspire each other, and to help keep you focused on achieving your goals. So get your submission in!