This is a call for a new round of submissions to share your story with the readers at Back in Skinny Jeans. Careers, work lifestyles, and your level of happiness or unhappiness related to the work you're doing can have a profound affect on your weight and health. For the week of March 10th, I thought it would be great to see how people's work life is affecting their weight, and how BISJ readers can offer the same kind of wonderful support and helpful tips as they did during "What Others Are Doing to Get Fit Week" in January. Here are the details:
March 7, 2008 midnight PST
Use the email address in the "Story Tips & Contact" page
I'm looking for anyone who wants to share their story about how their work life is affecting their weight, and would like helpful tips and insights to get healthier. If you have recently had some major success where you conquered or changed something about your work life that helped improve your health like quitting a stressful job, finally doing something related to your life purpose, or started an exercise or healthy eating campaign at work, then please share too.
You do not have to have a blog or website. I'm looking for some new voices. If you submitted a story for Get Fit week, let's give new people a chance. This is an opportunity for you lurkers to come out of the woodwork! This is about people inspiring and helping others through their own stories.
What to submit:
- In the Subject of your email submission: Please put "My Work Week Submission"
- Your first name or handle name: It doesn't have to be your real name as I understand that you may want to protect your identity from the work police.
- Your profession: You can be specific like "nurse, accountant, CEO" or you can give a general industry category like "health professional, financial pro, executive in tech industry."
- Blog name and URL: This is optional. If you have a blog, and would like some linkage, I'm happy to include it. I will also link to profiles or pages on Linked-In, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Flickr, or wherever you may hang in the social-sphere.
- A picture of either yourself or an image that represents you: Again, because were talking about work, some of you may not want your face online, and I can respect that, so send in your stunt double image instead. For some of you, it may help your career so let's see your smile. Send a .jpg or .gif file no more than 200 pixels wide or 200 pixels high @ 72dpi. If you don't send the right size image, I will not use your submission. Sorry to be tough but I can't work on everyone's images.
- Your niche: This will help make it easier for people to identify with you. Examples: Road warrior who wants to be healthy on the go, Sales/Marketing guru who has to wine & dine all the time, Career switcher (or wants to change careers) who is finally doing the work they love and became healthier in the process, Work-at-home and too close to the fridge, Web worker/blogger who has Blogger Butt because of sedentary work style, work in high stress job and health is fading.
- You health goal: Let's focus on one main goal like: want to learn how to eat healthier or exercise while on the road, want to drop xyz # pounds when I have a sedentary or high stress job, want to learn how to manage eating/exercise when working at home etc.
- Your story in 300-350 words: As like the picture requirement, if you go over 350 words, I will not use your submission, so please make sure you stick to under 350 words. Also, please submit at least close to 300 words. Last time I got some submissions that were a few sentences and that is not enough to tell a good story. Remember, when people can relate to you, they can help you better.
- What one thing have you done so far that is helping you achieve your health goal: Keep it to one sentence.Your answer can help others in the same boat.
- What one thing you would like more help with: Keep it to one sentence.This is an opportunity for you to get some help or answers from others. During "Get Fit" week, this one question evoked a great deal of conversation.
I think this will be another exciting and helpful week for all, and if you were wondering, yes, there will be fabulous prizes as we had during "Get Fit" Week.