So yes, I'm in a great mood, and I'm choosing to revel in all this Valentine's Day hooplah today because why the heck not? I decided for this V-Day that even though I'm going through a bit of a tough time at the moment, it doesn't mean that I cannot choose to have one blissful, bright day in the middle of it all. It's sort of like taking a "happy break." Earlier in the week, I asked you all for some ideas to help make my V-Day a rockin' one, and I got some really fabulous ideas from lots of people.
So for today, this is what I have planned so far. For any time gaps, I'm just going to make things up as I go along.
- Gonna wake up early and go workout
- Going to get a Pure Relaxation massage at the Burke Williams Spa at Santana Row. One of my girlfriends gave me a gift certificate for my birthday, and I hadn't used it yet, so I figured today was the perfect day to get 50 minutes of pampering.
- Going to have lunch at one of the restaurants at Santana Row. Not sure which one yet. For those not familiar with the San Jose area, Santana Row is one of these chi-chi type living/shopping and eating places. I love hanging out there because there is so much for the senses. One of my fave shops is Paper Source. It's like paper heaven. I also love Anthropologie.
- Going to shop for a new dress and cute shoes to match. I really want to try this red number on at Anthropologie. Since I've dropped the 25 lbs, I haven't really bought any new clothes mostly because money is tight at the moment. I've just been wearing my skinny wardrobe that I've been holding on to all these years. I want to get a cute dress that I can also use for dates. I figure I'm gonna get back into the dating scene soon, and I have nothing to wear but jeans. I've never been a dress kinda girl, but I'd like to change that. I have some great legs which I worked hard to earn, so I should show them off more. I'm telling ya, I'm hooked on How To Look Good Naked, and it's inspiring me to break out of my frumpy shell.
- Going to have dinner with a girl friend. Her sweetie is out of town, so we are going to be each other's date for the evening. We're going to have Mediterranean tapas and cocktails. I am so jonesing for a Mandarin Cosmo.
I'll share all the details on Friday about my V-Day. I'm so excited about this fun filled day! I hope that all of you have a wonderful day today, and please let me know what your plans are if you'd like to share. And, be sure to leave a comment on today's "Your Two Cents" post. You could win a cool Tea Forte Large Tin. These teas are so divine. Kisses & hugs for everyone!