Since it's Fashion Week, I thought I'd focus today's 5 tiny change ideas on things related to fashion. Everyone could use some tips to remember that flair some of us hid as we gained weight. Wonder if your Inner Resistance Monster would mind some new duds? I can't wait til the weather gets warmer so I can start wearing shorts.
Tiny Change Ideas:
- Move your fat clothes out of the closet and drawers and then box up them up. This might be a big change for some of you, but the clothes for the new slimmer you have no room if the old fat clothes are taking up space. You don't have to part with the fat clothes yet, if you're not ready. But, if they are in a box in the garage somewhere at least it's a step in the forward direction. If you're feeling ambitious, donate the box of fat clothes to a worthy charity.
- Buy one new t-shirt this week for working out. If you're like me, you've been wearing the same workout t-shirts for like months or years even though you've lost a good amount of weight. That really large t-shirt now looks like a tent on you. Buy a new workout t-shirt that flatters your new figure a bit more yet is still comfy.
- If you're going out to dinner anytime this week, wear a pair of slightly sexier shoes than normal. Lately, I've been wearing my favorite black rubbery clogs because they are comfy and practical. So instead of wearing the clogs, next dinner out, I could wear my 2 inch heeled black leather boots, or if doesn't rain, I could wear a pair of strappy pumps with my jeans. The point is to zest up your shoe choice a bit.
- Tell one person this week that they look good in their outfit if you think they do but would normally not say anything to them. It could be your love, a parent, a friend, or whomever. Everyone likes to get a compliment about looking good, so you'll make their day and help yours.
- One day this week to work, "Dress to Impress (Yourself)." Wear something that makes you feel talented, important, valued, or smart. You don't have to wear a suit or anything like that, but dress up a notch. Wearing an outfit that makes you feel successful will feel good and maybe help you be more productive.
Tiny changes I did this week:
- I went to Costco and bought a flat of Arrowhead Spring Water in sports bottle. I've been drinking one bottle per day. I find that it's easier for me to get water in if it's already measured out.
- I ate a new vegetable this week. I had a 3/4 cup of steam collard greens. I got it from the Whole Foods hot food bar, so I didn't have to cook it ;-)