I absolutely love a woman who is willing to sell all her goods, pack a suitcase, and book a one way ticket to the other side of the world. I find that utterly amazing and truly a soul filling journey.
Shauna Reid, the fabulous blogger behind The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl, did just that and dropped half her body weight along the way between leaving her home country of Australia and moving to Scotland where she still resides except now thinner, healthier, and married to a wonderful Scotsman.
Shauna has a new book out based on her blog, The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl , and instead of doing the usual Q&A and asking her about diet tips, I thought it would be uber cool to do a podcast because I love Australian accents and plus I was curious if 6 years in Scotland has given her a whiff of a Scottish accent as well because those are hot too. Take a listen and find out.
In this podcast, here's what Shauna and I cover:
- The gist of her book
- How long it took to drop all that weight
- What prompted her to move to the other side of the world
- How her diet blog led her to her life purpose work
- How blogging and developing a community has helped her keep a healthy weight and life
- How she got her book deal which I know many of you BISJ readers would love to know because like myself, many of us are aspiring to be published.
Reading Shauna's book, The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl, is a lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon with a nice mug of tea or a strawberry smoothie. I read the whole book in 4 hours and thought many times throughout, "Yup been there. Uh-hum, did that too. Oh dear, I wish I was that brave."
I hope you enjoy this podcast as much as I enjoyed finally getting to chat with this extraordinary woman.
Play Shauna Reid Dietgirl podcast (14 minutes)