To fill your life with BOOPiness, here are the latest tips for cherishing the inner badass. But before we go froward, one thing a badass always does is own up when she has effed up. When concocting the BOOP tagline, "cherish the inner badass" I was only basking in the swamp of my creative juices. I did not do any "market research" and therefore accidentally came up with something that already existed in our own healthy living blogging community.
Kelly over at Fitness Fixation is the queen of "Unleash your inner badass." zOMG! Although BOOP is slightly different, it's close enough to bring up a Christain Siriano like "Beeyotch!" response. Marketing faux pas. Not fierce. That's how I would feel. Kelly is much kinder. Many apologies. But like I said earlier, BOOP will only be around til the end of January because I think that is enough time to mock Gywennie P, and if you need to continue your fill of badassery, Kelly can hook you up.
Back to our BOOPy tips:
- CHOW: It's the holidays and the inner badass knows that completing depriving oneself of holiday goodies is not only impossible but unnecessary. So, to still partake and not over do it, chow on slivers versus slices, and drink a glass of water in between cocktails which will one, help prevent a wicked hangover and two, may fill you up so you don't feel like any extra boozing because a falling down drunken passed out badass is not really badass but more badmess.
- MOVE: Wanna make sure you keep moving, run/walk outside in the cold instead of indoors on the dreadmill. Yeah, the biting cold will definitely make sure you get that blood pumping mostly just because you want to keep warm. That just means more calories go bye-bye.
- DEAL: Everyone is pretty much going cheap on holiday gifts this year. I think one of the best low cost yet high value gift ideas is an iTunes gift card. Why is it so wonderful? Because at even $10, that's 10 songs, a whole new nearly one hour workout playlist. In fact, that's how you can "package" it. "Look sweetie, I got you an hour worth of new songs to workout to." Give the gift of music with iTunes gift certificates
- EXPAND: This is jumping the gun a bit, but New Year's resolution time is around the corner, and instead of putting "lose weight" on the list, how about putting "start living my life purpose." You have a couple weeks to start really thinking about that. Something else to mull over is that those who have optimal health are also ones who are doing work that fulfills them with joy and meaning. The inner badass does not let fear get in her way of happiness.
- HONOR: Do you honor your bank accounts? Take some time to first be grateful that you do have money in there. It may not be as much as you like and you could be heading into the red, but you could also be in a third world country making dimes a day. Living in the US, we also have the greatest opportunities to make as much money as we want. The only limit is the one in your thoughts. Honor the fact that you have that ability to unlimited prosperity.
- FOCUS: The inner bad ass has steely eyed focus. You cannot possibly make everyone happy this holiday so don't say "yes" to everything. Saying "no" and setting boundaries is a wonderful gift you can give yourself. By saying yes to everything, the only thing you will succeed in doing is making yourself miserable, and the inner badass no likey!
Get your BOOP on this week, and cherish the inner bad ass! Got any tips or advice for holiday badassery, please share.